[Mauiusers] insufficient idle procs available ?

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Tue Jan 22 07:45:57 MST 2008

"Itay M" <itaym.tau at gmail.com> schrieb am 01/22/2008 03:37:20 PM:

> Using:
> qmgr -c "qmgr -c "delete q b_que resources_default.ncpus"
>
> ...gave us the following error in qsub:
>
> qsub: Unknown queue MSG=cannot locate queue

unset queue <name of the queue> resources_default.ncpus

I notice that you are referring to 'b_que' while the queue for the suspect
job was 'heavy'.

> It looks like this is a mandatory setting.

Definitely not.

> Should we get rid of it somehow else?

Yes, see above.

> Our single jobs submittions do not include this variable. Only 4 cpus
use it in their qsub script.

The proper syntax for requesting a single CPU is something like "-l
nodes=1". The proper syntax for requesting multiple CPUs is something like
"-l nodes=1:ppn=4". There is no need to refer to ncpus anywhere.

Regards,
Jan Ploski