[Mauiusers] insufficient idle procs available ?

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Tue Jan 22 04:56:16 MST 2008

"Itay M" <itaym.tau at gmail.com> schrieb am 01/22/2008 12:36:42 PM:

> I don't see any reservation, but perhaps I don't understand what the
> rejection state means. Here the checkjob -v (shortened) output:
>
> /=====================/
> State: Idle
> Req[0]  TaskCount: 1  Partition: ALL
> Network: [NONE]  Memory >= 0  Disk >= 0  Swap >= 0
> Opsys: [NONE]  Arch: [NONE]  Features: [NONE]
> Exec:  ''  ExecSize: 0  ImageSize: 0
> Dedicated Resources Per Task: PROCS: 1  MEM: 512M
> NodeAccess: SHARED
> NodeCount: 1
> job cannot run in partition DEFAULT (idle procs do not meet
> requirements : 0 of 1 procs found)
> idle procs:   4  feasible procs:   0
> Detailed Node Availability Information:
> node01         rejected : State
> node02         rejected : State
> node28         rejected : State
>

> /=====================/
>
> What does the rejected: State means?

According to the documentation, this means that the "node is not Idle or
Running". What does pbsnodes -a say about the node states and job-node
assignments? Is the information consistent with what diagnose -n shows?

> showres shows as if all currently running jobs are 'reserved' . That
> is, the number of  'Active Jobs' (using showq) equals to the number of
> 'reservation located' (using showres) . The job numbers are also
> identical in the two outputs. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Yes, it is as it should be.

By the way, showres run as a normal user may show fewer reservations than
when you run it as administrator. However, had your job been rejected due
to a standing reservation, the rejection reason would have been
"Features", I think.

Regards,
Jan Ploski