Re: [Mauiusers] SRCFG STARTTIME/ENDTIME för specific dates

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Wed Jan 9 13:40:02 MST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Lennart Karlsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know about the SRCFG format for regular events,
> with PERIOD=DAY or PERIOD=WEEK, for Maui and Moab.
>
> But if I want to set a administrative reservation for
> a specific event, e.g. the 15th-16th of August this year,
> I would like to write something like
>
> SRCFG[service_01]       HOSTLIST=ALL
> SRCFG[service_01]       STARTTIME=08:00:00_2008-08-15
> ENDTIME=13:00:00_2008-08-16
> SRCFG[service_01]       USERLIST=anne,fred,susan
>
> Has someone tried to get such a functionality, by
> preprocessing some external reservation file to
> add the corresponding lines to the maui.cfg/moab.cfg file, or
> to run the corresponding setres/mrsvctl commands?
>
> I would like to have all the administrative reservations listed
> and editable at one place, but it does not matter if
> it is within the maui.cfg/moab.cfg file or in a separate
> file.
>
> By using setres/mrsvctl commands, something similar can be
> accomplished, but it is difficult to read the reservation
> listings and it is difficult to edit reservations and I
> also have difficulties to trust those reservations to
> survive month after month of Maui/Moab restarts within a
> maui.ck/.moab.ck file, especially because I might play
> rough with those files when debugging scheduling problems.
>
> Any input would be appreciated,

Lennart,

  I can only speak for Maui. The command are easy so you do not have
to restart Maui when you make a Reservation.  That said i also like
the idea to set the reservation in maui.cfg, maybe we must use other
keywords for it to specifiy the range:
  - STARTDATE and ENDDATE

  But if STARTTIME and ENDTIME are only used for SRCFG then this may
not be needed

--
Bas van der Vlies
basv at sara.nl