[Mauiusers] SRCFG STARTTIME/ENDTIME för specific dates

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jan 9 09:14:45 MST 2008

Hi,

I know about the SRCFG format for regular events,
with PERIOD=DAY or PERIOD=WEEK, for Maui and Moab.

But if I want to set a administrative reservation for
a specific event, e.g. the 15th-16th of August this year,
I would like to write something like

SRCFG[service_01]	HOSTLIST=ALL
SRCFG[service_01]	STARTTIME=08:00:00_2008-08-15 ENDTIME=13:00:00_2008-08-16
SRCFG[service_01]	USERLIST=anne,fred,susan

Has someone tried to get such a functionality, by
preprocessing some external reservation file to
add the corresponding lines to the maui.cfg/moab.cfg file, or
to run the corresponding setres/mrsvctl commands?

I would like to have all the administrative reservations listed
and editable at one place, but it does not matter if
it is within the maui.cfg/moab.cfg file or in a separate
file.

By using setres/mrsvctl commands, something similar can be
accomplished, but it is difficult to read the reservation
listings and it is difficult to edit reservations and I
also have difficulties to trust those reservations to
survive month after month of Maui/Moab restarts within a
maui.ck/.moab.ck file, especially because I might play
rough with those files when debugging scheduling problems.

Any input would be appreciated,
   http://www.nsc.liu.se