[Mauiusers] Maui/Torque and Fairshare with secondary Unix groups

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Fri Jan 4 02:50:52 MST 2008

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:
> I think the -W or -A option should over-ride others - or at least this
> should be configurable.

The -A option is not the problem. It is the -W option, qsub -W group_list=bas.

Sets the following torque attributes:
  group_list = bas
  egroup     = bas

The maui code only checks the egroup setting for setting the right group
credentials. So we have to change the maui code to look at the group_list
attribute and check if the user belongs to this group. If a user supplies a
wrong group with -W then the 'egroup' torque attribute is not set and maui
will use the the DEFAULT group.

> It would be nice to have a default account code - say in a file in the
> home directory of the submitter. That might be a useful alternative.

This is not an option, maui must have access to all user home directories
and this can be very problematic with filesystems like NFS/AFS/DFS/GFS ....

Regards