[Mauiusers] Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Web Stastics for Torque+maui

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Feb 20 15:29:12 MST 2008

Jim Kusznir wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I'm setting up Fare Share queuing on my Rocks Cluster with torque +
> maui.  My users would like a way to know "where they stand" on their
> utilization, and administrators would like reports on overall cluster
> utilization.  I seem to recall running across some packages that
> provide this functionality (ideally through web pages), but I can't
> find them anymore.  I know moab offers that, but we can't afford moab,
> nor are we willing to pay just for report generation (a "side" feature
> -- everything we need is included in maui).  So, does anyone have any
> suggestions on how to get this information?
>
> Ideally, I'd like a report on either percent utilization per group
> (about 6 now) or just total utilization by group.  Other metrics like
> average job delay would be useful.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Jim
You can use things like mdiag to get some of the information you are
looking for such as fairshare and cluster usages can be pulled out of
showstats.

You might want to consider other reporting tools such as ganglia for
larger 10,000 foot views of the cluster.

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE
E-Mail  : jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca