[Mauiusers] Cluster Size Detection

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 11:26:01 MST 2008

Hi:

When I first brought up my cluster of 24 8-core systems, maui
mis-detected the size of the system and rejected jobs that requested
more than a certian number of cores.  I had to change a config file to
let users use the entire cluster.  That is working; however, it also
lets users submit jobs larger than the entire cluster, so they just
sit in the queue until the user finds me and I explain where they went
wrong.

It would be preferred if I could re-enable the admission control, but
have it accurately represent the size of the cluster.  Is this
possible?

I think this is a maui problem, but if its actually a torque problem,
please let me know and I'll ask on the torque list...I'm not yet
familiar enough with where the dividing line is....

Thanks!
--Jim