[Mauiusers] FairShare "auth" questions

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:44:44 MST 2008

Hi all:

I also have another FAIRSHARE-related question:  how do I
allocate/authenticate users' group?

In my situation, I have ~7 research groups that contributed varying
amounts to build this cluster.  Each research group has multiple users
in that group, but each user only belongs to one research group (at
least currently).

So far, the examples I've seen of FAIRSHARE use the "billing code"
option to allocate a users' job to a group.  However, its unclear to
me what happens if a user doesn't specify a billing code, or specifies
a code to a different group.  Ideally, I'd like a user to belong to a
specific group and their jobs automatically get counted against that
group.  If a user happens to be in multiple groups, then they can
specify a different group (although this is optional).

Is this, or something similar doable?

Thanks!

--Jim