Bram Metsch metsch at ins.uni-bonn.de
Fri Feb 8 05:52:21 MST 2008

Dear Maui users,

At our clusters, we have nodes with different amounts of memory. We configured
torque such that it sets a default amount of pmem per processor. Alternatively,
the submitter of a job may specify this number on his own. Hence, each job
should be submitted with a specified memory requirement.

In Maui's configuration file, we set

However, we still watch that jobs which only require little memory are started
on nodes with a large amount of RAM while nodes with less (but sufficient) RAM
remain free. Is this parameter ignored in certain settings?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dipl. Math. Bram Metsch
Universitaet Bonn
Institut fuer Numerische Simulation