[Mauiusers] NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY MINRESOURCE ignored?

Bram Metsch metsch at ins.uni-bonn.de
Fri Feb 8 05:52:21 MST 2008

Dear Maui users,

At our clusters, we have nodes with different amounts of memory. We configured
torque such that it sets a default amount of pmem per processor. Alternatively,
the submitter of a job may specify this number on his own. Hence, each job
should be submitted with a specified memory requirement.

In Maui's configuration file, we set

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY MINRESOURCE

However, we still watch that jobs which only require little memory are started
on nodes with a large amount of RAM while nodes with less (but sufficient) RAM
remain free. Is this parameter ignored in certain settings?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bram.
--
Dipl. Math. Bram Metsch