[Mauiusers] fairshare and backfill

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:55:36 MST 2008

Hi,
	Ok I guess this is my 3rd and last attempt to ask how to do this.
All I would really like is to know how to make a person's fairshare =
1 / <number of users who have submitted jobs>
With a fairshare like this it would seem like then everyone would get
an equal amount of resources.

Aside from running as a FIFO scheduler this would seem to be the next
step for most. Allowing anyone to run any number of jobs but assuring
that each user gets an equal fairshare of resources. This example
would fit nicely in the Appendix "Case Studies" in the maui admin
manual. I'd be happy to help put a case study together to show this
if someone could help explain how to do it =). Thanks,

-Steve