[Mauiusers] negative run times on maui

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 11:36:16 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Miles O'Neal <meo at intrinsity.com> wrote:

> I don't know.  It was just the first thing I would
> have checked.  Then again, the times were far more
> than 1 hour off.
>
> |I thought only the clock
> |on the submit-node mattered.
>
> No idea.  All our nodes are submit nodes, and even
> desktops get used as compute nodes based on load
> and availability.

It seems we were barking down the wrong tree miles. I now have all my
clocks synched and the problem still recurs.

But I think that it is more of a PBS / torque problem now than a maui
one. Reason being that a qdel as root will not clear these offending
jobs as well. Seems to be that PBS is ignoring the qdel for this job.
Irrespective of whether maui issues the command or the sys_admin as
root.

--
Rahul