[Mauiusers] Large queues cause Maui to idle

Nicholas Geraedts ngeraedts at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:18:59 MST 2008

Hello everyone,

Our cluster is using Torque 2.3.4 and Maui 3.2.6p21. We have one user who
will submit several thousand small jobs which in total take a day or so to
complete. However, when the queue is filled (and showq truncates the
output), Maui will not process any other jobs even if they are bound for
nodes that are currently available. We have several nodes reserved for
high-memory, long-duration jobs and if a job is submitted to these nodes,
they are not processed until some of the earlier flood has worked its way
through the system.

I have looked at the documentation, but I can't seem to find any settings
related to my problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this
issue?

Cheers,
-Nick