[Mauiusers] negative run times on maui

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 9 09:41:57 MST 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Rahul Nabar wrote:

> I have a couple of jobs every week that show up with negative job
> remaining times (snippet below from showq).

Most likely these are jobs that should have finished but didn't; there
are several situations in which they can appear, the 2 most common in
my setup are:
- one or more of the nodes from that job has died and the queueing
system cannot terminate the job
- a job not started via the TM interface (f.e. one using rsh to
connect to remote nodes) for which the queueing system is not able to
clean up

Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de