[Mauiusers] negative run times on maui

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 9 09:41:57 MST 2008

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Rahul Nabar wrote:

> I have a couple of jobs every week that show up with negative job
> remaining times (snippet below from showq).

Most likely these are jobs that should have finished but didn't; there
are several situations in which they can appear, the 2 most common in
my setup are:
- one or more of the nodes from that job has died and the queueing
system cannot terminate the job
- a job not started via the TM interface (f.e. one using rsh to
connect to remote nodes) for which the queueing system is not able to
clean up

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de