[Mauiusers] Maui doesn't reset node properties when they change in Torque?

Rob Coward Rob.Coward at game.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 02:26:15 MDT 2008

This is something I've noticed too. We are currently using torque
2.1.8-6 and maui 3.2.6p20.

I currently use the node healthcheck script functionality to mark a node
as down if a shared filesystem is unavailable, however I would rather
set a 'sharedfs' property against the nodes when the FS is mounted,
allowing other jobs to be running on the nodes without the filesystem
where it isnt required.

I can call qmgr -c 'set node node1 properties += sharedfs' and so on and
see the property appear against the node in pbsnodes output, and is
listed as a feature in the checknode output, but when I do the
corresponding '.... -= sharedfs' command, while the property is removed
from pbsnodes, checknode still shows the feature listed.

Is this something that might be fixed by upgrading to newer versions ?

Many thanks,
Rob Coward

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 10:50 -0700, Michael Durket wrote:
> Is there a way to reset a node's properties (Maui calls them features,
> but PBS calls
> them properties) when they change in Torque? Maui appears to add new
> features
> set in the node properties in PBS relatively quickly, but it doesn't
> appear to delete
> properties that have been cleared in PBS.

GAME Stores Group Ltd has been awarded ‘Retailer of the Year’ at the 2006 and 2007 Golden Joystick Awards and
'Thames Valley Business Award' for Outstanding Employer of Choice 2006.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the system manager at:

        mailto:postmaster at game.co.uk

The recipient acknowledges that the transmissions made via the Internet can be corrupted and therefore
THE GAME GROUP PLC and any of its subsidiaries do not give any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of
any information contained in the message or assume any liability for it or for its transmission, reception or storage.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept by anti-virus software for the presence of computer viruses.

http://www.game.co.uk
http://www.gamegroup.plc.uk

Registered Number: 1937170
Registered Office: Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire. RG21 6YJ Registered in England and Wales.