[Mauiusers] GRES not functional

Matthew Wallis mattw at vpac.org
Tue Aug 26 04:33:28 MDT 2008

Is there a reason 3.2.6p20 can't be used? GLOBAL GRES work there, I just
installed one of the snapshots today.

You may need to check one of the directories, when I grabbed Maui originally,
I only got the 3.2.6p19 as latest, Chris S linked me to the snapshots.

Matt.

----- "Bas van der Vlies" <basv at sara.nl> wrote:

> Tom Rudwick wrote:
> > I forgot. You may need the attached patches, which I've submitted to
> the
> > list before, but haven't been applied to the maui sources.
> >
> Tom,
>
>  Thanks for the patches. Just a question. Do you know why the
> clusterresources people did not apply the patches?
>

> Regards
>
> > Tom
> >
> > Brian O'Connor wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> using maui 3.2.6p19/torque-2.3.0 to try and configure license
> >> management on a single machine as is instructed in the Admin
> guide;
> >>

> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/MauiSchedulerAdminMan
> >> ual.pdf
> >>
> >> add
> >>
> >> NODECFG[GLOBAL]  GRES=matlab:2
> >>
> >> restart maui.
> >>
> >> If I use
> >>
> >> qsub -W x=GRES:matlab script.sh
> >>
> >> multiple(3) times they all run.
> >>
> >> The matlab generic resource is not "consumed"
> >>
> >> I am going crazy with this. Using the machine name instead of
> "GLOBAL"
> >> does not help, and I have tried all manner of syntax to try and get
> it
> >> right.
> >>
> >> Any body got a recipe that I can use?
> >>
> >> Is there a way to check that the GRES configuration has been seen
> by
> >> maui?
> >>
> >> showconfig -v does not mention it at all.
> >>
> >> or is this all in moab?
> >>
> >> Brian O'Connor

> >> SGI Consulting
> >> Email: briano at sgi.com, Mobile +61 417 746 452
> >> Phone: +61 3 9963 1900, Fax:  +61 3 9963 1902
> >> 357 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
> >> AUSTRALIA
> >> http://www.sgi.com/support/services

> --

Matthew Wallis, Systems Administrator
Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing.
Ph: +61 3 9647 2592  Fax: +61 3 9646 7787