[Mauiusers] GRES not functional

Brian O'Connor briano at sgi.com
Mon Aug 25 01:23:31 MDT 2008

Hi

using maui 3.2.6p19/torque-2.3.0 to try and configure license
management on a single machine as is instructed in the Admin guide;

http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/MauiSchedulerAdminMan
ual.pdf

add

NODECFG[GLOBAL]  GRES=matlab:2

restart maui.

If I use

qsub -W x=GRES:matlab script.sh

multiple(3) times they all run.

The matlab generic resource is not "consumed"

I am going crazy with this. Using the machine name instead of "GLOBAL"
does not help, and I have tried all manner of syntax to try and get it
right.

Any body got a recipe that I can use?

Is there a way to check that the GRES configuration has been seen by
maui?

showconfig -v does not mention it at all.

or is this all in moab?

Brian O'Connor
SGI Consulting
Email: briano at sgi.com, Mobile +61 417 746 452
Phone: +61 3 9963 1900, Fax:  +61 3 9963 1902
357 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
AUSTRALIA
http://www.sgi.com/support/services