[Mauiusers] Per Class MAXJOBPERNODE configuration

Craig Macdonald craigm at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 07:15:38 MDT 2008

Hello all,

Our jobs are mostly single processor jobs. To prevent orphaned
processes, particularly for parallel jobs, we use
NODECFG[DEFAULT] MAXJOBPERUSER=2  #(for 2 read 1)
and when they end, we have Torque kill every process belonging to that
user on the node,

We would like to relax this constraint, such that it only happens for
jobs in the parallel queue.
Ideally, I would like to unset
#NODECFG[DEFAULT] MAXJOBPERUSER=2
and enforce that a single user can only have a one class of job running
on a node at the one time (either parallel or not).
Something like:
CLASSCFG[parallel]      MAXJOBPERNODE=1

would perhaps suffice. How can we do this in MAUI? Can anyone see how
this could be achieved?

#or
#NODECFG[DEFAULT] USERFORCEDCLASSES=[parallel] ?

Craig