[Mauiusers] User-specified priority

Kamil Kisiel kamil at zymeworks.com
Tue Aug 5 11:09:56 MDT 2008

On 04/08/08 7:52 , "Ronny T. Lampert" <telecaadmin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> We¹re using Maui with Torque. Is there any way for users to prioritize their
>> own jobs when submitting? qsub appears to have a ­p switch that should
>> achieve this, but I can¹t find any way to factor this in to scheduling
>> equation.
>

> Read the following for full info on how the priority calculation works:
> http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/5.1.2priorityfactors.shtml
>
> In short, you have to set
>
> CREDWEIGHT 1
>
> in maui.cfg
>
> 1 means the priority goes in with factor 1 into the equation.
> If you're also doing QOS you should set QOSWEIGHT to a higher factor
>
> QOSWEIGHT               3
>

> Cheers,
> Ronny

I'm not sure if this really answers my question. I've read the documentation
before (and re-read it again) but it's not very specific. Will this allow
users to prioritize their jobs (eg: the user submits 10 jobs, 2 of which
should be preferred to run over the other 8). Will this CREDWEIGHT be
applied to the priority specified with -p when submitting with qsub? Or
which sub-factor does it affect?

Thanks,

____________
Kamil Kisiel
HPC Systems Engineer, Zymeworks Inc.
201-1401 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, V6H 1H6, Canada
Tel: (604) 678-1388 ext. 135
Fax: (604) 737-7077
www.zymeworks.com

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error
please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying,
distributing or disclosing the same.