[Mauiusers] Maui bug buffer overrun

Douglas Wightman wightman at clusterresources.com
Thu Apr 24 12:03:56 MDT 2008

We are sorry for the delay in applying this patch.  We are working on it
now.  We are committed to Maui and applying fixes, enhancing
documentation, and generally maintaining the product.

Over the last few months we have been extremely busy with other projects
but we have also been hiring more developers who will be a presence on
the mauiusers list to integrate patches and respond to bug reports.

You should not have to wait several months for legitimate patches to be
applied and we apologize for the delay.

Please also know, however, that we do expect patches to follow general
maui coding guidelines.  Any changes to the default behavior need to be
turned on through new parameters.  Any changes to Maui's string handling
need to use the MUSN* routines (when applicable).  There are thousands
of sites using Maui and we will do our best to ensure that patches and
fixes won't break the expected behavior.

Thanks for using Maui and making it better!

- Douglas

>   Thanks for the answer. Have still a remark. i always post my patches
> this list and other people also post patches and other useful
information.

> I most cases i never get any response only after mailing several times
and
> asking for conformation the patch may be considered for applying.
This