[Mauiusers] Possible Maui bug preempting non-rerunnable jobs

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Thu Apr 24 03:43:24 MDT 2008

kevin at umd.edu said:
> 2) What is the general feeling for how non-rerunnable jobs should be
> handled in a preemptible queue?  Personally, I'd think either they
> shouldn't be allowed in the queue, or they should be killed if they
> need  to be preempted.

I think that they should be killed.

But I do not know how to arrange that.

So we do not allow them in the queue, arranged by killing them at first
sight. :-) I have a cron job that kills them, because I have not found
a better solution.

Most of our jobs, that are killed in this way, are interactive jobs
(jobs started with "qsub -I") and those cannot be set as
rerunnable in Torque. It would be better if they would be killed
when Maui preempts them.

So I agree that the current behaviour is non-desirable.

Best regards,
   http://www.nsc.liu.se