[Mauiusers] DEINING PARTITIONS

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Tue Apr 15 04:26:15 MDT 2008

Hi all,

we are insterested in Chris' idea:

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

> So you can have a partition of nodes that are only
> accessible to certain users or groups by omitting it
> from that statement and then adding it specifically
> to a list for them using USERCFG or GROUPCFG.

So, we'd like to define a partition for a special use wich group's already
has a differnet partition defined but user must use its partion and not
group's one.

Let me explain with an exmaple:

So, user BLADE belongs to group SPECIAL. Group SPECIAL has its own
associated partition:
GROUPCFG[SPECIAL]  PLIST=test PDEF=test

and now, we'd like user Blade to use a differnt partiton from its group.
USERCFG[blade]  PLIST=blade PDEF=blade

So, following doc, We could define next:

USERCFG[blade]  PLIST=blade:test PDEF=blade

so our user will ever time try first partition blade, if not avaliable, then
test.

But we'd like user to use blade but not test.

Is it possible? Reading the manual seems not, but maybe users experience
could help us.

TIA,
Arnau