[Mauiusers] Maui bug buffer overrun

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Fri Apr 11 04:01:04 MDT 2008

Douglas, Miguel, good day.

Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 09:12:54AM +0200, Miguel Ros wrote:
> > Going over the thread you reference it appears as though there was a
> > request by Dave that the patch be tweaked to utilize the MUSNPrintF()
> > function found in Maui.  Has this been done?  We'd love to integrate
> > your patch but we'd like to stick to Maui'isms.

Missed Doglas's original e-mail, so posting a note here.

I had reworked Ake's old patch to catch some additional places where
s(n)printf lines should be rewritten.  I had plans to reimplement
it with MUSNPrintF, but it is a good pile of work and I had no time
recently, sorry.

I am attaching the patch: may be it will be helpful for someone.
I was not able to run Maui without this patch at CentOS 5, 64-bit
Intel arch -- the bug was not permitting me to do that.  With the
patch it runs smoothly for months.

Will post an update if I will happen to embed MUSNPrintF()s.
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"