[Mauiusers] Maui bug buffer overrun

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Wed Apr 9 15:07:58 MDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 5:21 PM, Miguel Ros wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had some problems with a Linux x86_64 fedora core 8: Maui
> was crashing with SIGSEGV from time to time and showq was
> not responding correctly
>
> There are a lot of buffer overrun problems in Maui that are not solved
> yet in the official release:
>
> http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/mauiusers/2005-September/001724.html
>
> I have attached a patch file for Maui 3.2.6p19 - 3.2.6p20, I hope
> that it will be applied to the official release
>
> Regards,
> Miguel
> <sprintf_bug.patch><ATT00001.txt>

Thanks for the patch, maybe we must setup a repository where we
collect the patches. Because there is lately no response when people
submit patches for maui.

I also reported that maui crashed when i lot of jobs where submitted
and i promise that it will be fixed,  see thread:
  *  	[Mauiusers] maui crashes with segv (version 3.2.6.p16) (2006)

and i added some explanation (also from the thread):
{{{
I have adjusted the MAX_MHBUF parameter in msched.h to a higher value.
No it did not crash, but it is still possible not to find a free job
hash table slot.  IF you allow more jobs then to have also increase this
parameter.

/* HvB */
/*
#define MAX_MHBUF           768