[Mauiusers] Maui connectivity intermittent

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Apr 7 06:51:39 MDT 2008

----- "Nicholas Geraedts" <ngeraedts at gmail.com> wrote:

> First off - our Maui connectivity to the Torque scheduler is
> intermittent. Sometimes, showq works instantly, and others it either
> takes a long time, or times out with the following error:
>
> ERROR: lost connection to server
> ERROR: cannot request service (status)

Are they on the same node, or separate nodes ?

Could it be DNS (or other host resolution) problems ?

Have you tried monitoring the system(s) with something
like smokeping to watch for occasional network dropouts
that could explain this ?

I also wonder if your second problem might be related
to this is Maui isn't able to get a good list of nodes
all the time.

cheers!
Chris