[Mauiusers] Maui segfaults when using SPEED= feature

Wickliffe, Blake W blake.wickliffe at aramco.com
Tue Apr 1 01:05:23 MDT 2008

Hello,

I am getting another strange Maui problem.  On our cluster, I am running Maui 3.2.6p19 with Torque 2.3.0.  We have a heterogeneous cluster of about 1800 nodes.  Some of these nodes are quad core, some are dual, and some are single.  What we want is to always try to use the fastest nodes available.  So, I have configured the nodes as follows (as an example):

NODECFG[nodeQuad] SPEED=4.0
NODECFG[nodeDual] SPEED=2.0
NODECFG[nodeSingle] SPEED=1.0

If I run Maui in the default NODALLOCATIONPOLICY, everything runs just great, it just schedules nodes semi-randomly.  However, if I change this to:

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY FASTEST

Maui segfaults any time it actually tries to schedule a job.

If I gdb Maui, this is the error that happens:

MJobAllocateFastest (J=Variable "J" is not available.
) at MSched.c:3124
3124        BestList[RQIndex][NodeIndex[RQIndex]].N = N;

Any clues?

Thanks in advance...

Blake Wickliffe
Saudi Aramco