[Mauiusers] Resource req specifications, still unclear

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Sun Sep 30 10:26:39 MDT 2007

Hello,

Now that I'm able to get 100 processors by just asking for nodes=100,
I'd like to get 100 processors from nodes with InfiniBand cards. I tried
the intuitive thing: nodes=100:ib (where ib is a node attribute).
Unfortunately, this just tells me:

qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes

Of course, I checked that there are enough matching nodes and processors.

Does adding the 'ib' attribute suddenly change the meaning of the
specification from "I want 100 processors" to "I want 100 nodes"? Is
there a way to ask for "processors on InfiniBand nodes" without having
to specify the exact geometry per node? Does a single document exist
which explains how these specifications are interpreted?

Thanks for your kind support so far!

Best regards,
Jan Ploski