[Mauiusers] Requesting a given number of processors

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sat Sep 29 20:45:36 MDT 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr] wrote:

> That is incorrect.  ncpus will work across nodes - I've done it.

Hmm, we've never successfully used it here!

Looking at your previous email that's likely to be because we have the
same setting that Jan has with nodes=1 as a default in our qmgr
configuration (which dates back before my time here!).

Interesting - if we can change that from a default of nodes=1 to
ncpus=1 things might work - unfortunately I don't have our small test
cluster up at the moment to experiment with!

cheers,
Chris