[Mauiusers] Requesting a given number of processors

Thomas HAMEL thomas.hamel at oxalya.com
Sat Sep 29 03:43:16 MDT 2007

Hi,

Le vendredi 28 septembre 2007 à 15:40 +0200, Jan Ploski a écrit :
> mauiusers-bounces at supercluster.org schrieb am 09/28/2007 03:08:27 PM:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Jan Ploski wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to tell Maui "I want 100 processors" without telling
> > > it "I want 25 nodes with 4 processors each"?
> >
> > In qmgr you have to do:
> >
> > set server resources_available.nodect = 100
> >
> > It's a kludge to make nodes be valid up to that number, and then Maui
> > can use that as the number of CPU's that you want.
>
> Chris,
>
> I did change it as you describe (and restarted maui, pbs_server just for
> sure):
>
> Qmgr: list server @srvgrid01
> Server srvgrid01.offis.uni-oldenburg.de
>         server_state = Active
>         scheduling = True
>         total_jobs = 148
>         state_count = Transit:0 Queued:64 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:84
> Exiting:0
>         managers = xxx
>         operators = xxx
>         default_queue = dgiseq
>         log_events = 511
>         mail_from = adm
>         resources_available.nodect = 188
>         resources_assigned.ncpus = 0
>         resources_assigned.nodect = 94
>         scheduler_iteration = 600
>         node_check_rate = 150
>         tcp_timeout = 6
>         pbs_version = 2.1.6
>
> However, it still doesn't allocate correctly.

The nodect parameter must be set in both queue and server.

For your information, this is in the torque FAQ :
http://www.clusterresources.com/wiki/doku.php?id=torque:10.1_troubleshooting#resavail

Regards.

--
Thomas HAMEL
Ingénieur Systèmes & Réseaux HPC
Email: thomas.hamel at oxalya.com
Web site: www.oxalya.com
-- Oxalya France (siège)
66, avenue des Champs Elysées
75008 Paris

Oxalya France (agence de Paris)
18-20 rue Pasteur
94270 Kremlin Bicêtre
-- This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient
(s) and may contain confidential information or information belonging
to Oxalya Group.
The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either
whole or partial) of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete
it immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong
delivery by reply email.
Thank you.