[Mauiusers] Requesting a given number of processors

Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr] harbaugh at ncifcrf.gov
Fri Sep 28 10:39:54 MDT 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Jan Ploski wrote:

  > mauiusers-bounces at supercluster.org schrieb am 09/28/2007 03:50:12 PM:
  >
  > > On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Jan Ploski wrote:
  > >
  > > > However, it still doesn't allocate correctly. I now tried with
  > > > ncpus=9, which is more than the number of processors in any single
  > > > node:
  > >
  > > Ahh, as I said previously, you can't use ncpus as that's only for
  > > requesting CPUs on a single CPU box.
  > >
  > > You need to do nodes=9 to get what you need..
  >
  > I tried with nodes=9 now. A bit better than ncpus=9, but unfortunately
  > still wrong:

I will look back at my configuration from a few months ago to figure out
how I did this.  I actually had to *stop* my setup from doing the very thing
you want to do.

I know that in order to stop the behavior, I had to set nodect=1 and nodes=1 in
my qmgr setup.  However, I don't know what else may be allowing this to work
when nodect=1 and nodes=1 are removed.

Toni