[Mauiusers] Requesting a given number of processors

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Sep 28 07:08:27 MDT 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Jan Ploski wrote:

> Is there a way to tell Maui "I want 100 processors" without telling
> it "I want 25 nodes with 4 processors each"?

In qmgr you have to do:

set server resources_available.nodect = 100

It's a kludge to make nodes be valid up to that number, and then Maui
can use that as the number of CPU's that you want.

I still think Torque needs something like:

qsub -l cpus=100 pbs.sh

So it is unambiguous that you are asking for 100 CPUs..

The ncpus option is for SMP systems, and (IIRC) is really asking for
nodes=1:ppn=N.

cheers!
Chris