[Mauiusers] Requesting a given number of processors

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Fri Sep 28 06:52:46 MDT 2007

"Toni L. Harbaugh-Blackford [Contr]" <harbaugh at ncifcrf.gov> schrieb am
09/28/2007 02:35:50 PM:

> Jan-
>
> Depending on how you have things configured, you may be able to use
> '-l ncpus=100'.

Toni,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it doesn't work in our cluster. (I am
the administrator, so if you happen to know any options that influence it,
please share.) I think ncpus=100 makes it look for a machine with 100
processors. I get 'rejected : CPU' lines in the output of checkjob -v.

It's amazing that these trivial matters seem not to be documented
anywhere.

Best regards,
Jan Ploski