[Mauiusers] Maui vs pbs_sched

Andrus, Mr. Brian (Contractor) brian.andrus at nrlmry.navy.mil
Mon Sep 24 10:17:17 MDT 2007

Ok, I have been troubleshooting my issue, but with no solution.

Facts:
My job sumission script:
------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
#PBS -j oe
#PBS -l nodes=5:ppn=1
#PBS -N TestJob
#PBS -q medium
#PBS -o output.txt
mpiexec --bynode /data/andrus/hello
------------------------------------
When I qsub a job with the default torque scheduler running on the head
node it runs as expected on 5 different nodes.
Whe I qsub a job with maui running instead, it only runs on one node. If
I add -np 5 to the mpiexec line, it runs in 5 processes on the one node.
If I try to specify some nodes, it usually aborts because I am
requesting some nodes that are not in my allocated resource pool.

Grr. Why does my job run on only one node when using Maui? This I cannot
figure out. Any help is certainly appreciated.

Brian Andrus perotsystems
Site Manager | Sr. Computer Scientist
Naval Research Lab
7 Grace Hopper Ave, Monterey, CA  93943
Phone (831) 656-4839 | Fax (831) 656-4866