[Mauiusers] REQUEUE and adjustment of resources

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Thu Sep 13 13:45:20 MDT 2007

We imposed memory policy on the jobs, so whatever job is exceeding the
requested amount gets suspended:

I am looking at the another choice -- to requeue the job. But I can't
comprehend what that is for since for deterministic jobs memory
consumption would be the same, and logically would be to have some
automated way to raise up the memory requested by some amount (or may be
even amount of memory with which it exceeded the requested amount
earlier plus some lag).

I wondered if may be I missed some maui configuration which would allow
such automation. Otherwise I guess I will have to run a small cron job
which would requeue suspended jobs with adjusted memory resource

FWIW we are running maui 3.2.6p20-snap.1176920941-1

Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark
Student  Ph.D. @ CS Dept. NJIT
Office: (973) 353-5440x263 | FWD: 82823 | Fax: (973) 353-1171
        101 Warren Str, Smith Hall, Rm 4-105, Newark NJ 07102
WWW:     http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik