[Mauiusers] REQUEUE and adjustment of resources

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Thu Sep 13 13:45:20 MDT 2007

Hi

We imposed memory policy on the jobs, so whatever job is exceeding the
requested amount gets suspended:

RESOURCELIMITPOLICY     MEM:EXTENDEDVIOLATION:SUSPEND:00:01:00

I am looking at the another choice -- to requeue the job. But I can't
comprehend what that is for since for deterministic jobs memory
consumption would be the same, and logically would be to have some
automated way to raise up the memory requested by some amount (or may be
even amount of memory with which it exceeded the requested amount
earlier plus some lag).

I wondered if may be I missed some maui configuration which would allow
such automation. Otherwise I guess I will have to run a small cron job
which would requeue suspended jobs with adjusted memory resource
request.

FWIW we are running maui 3.2.6p20-snap.1176920941-1

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark