[Mauiusers] Grouping hosts

James A. Peltier jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Oct 31 13:27:08 MDT 2007

What is the proper way to group hosts together under a common name?

GROUPCFG[wksgroup1] HOSTLIST=wks1,wks2,wks3
GROUPCFG[wksgroup2] HOSTLIST=wks4,wks5,wks6

Is this correct?  I would like to group computers so that I may setup
standing reservations, group policies, etc without having to define
nodes multiple times.

ie. Workstations dedicated to interactive jobs 7AM-7PM, after which any
job can run.

SRCFG[interactive] CLASSLIST=interactive
SRCFG[interactive] HOSTLIST=wksgroup1,wksgroup2
SRCFG[interactive] PERIOD=DAY DAYS=MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI
SRCFG[interactive] STARTTIME=7:00:00 ENDTIME=19:00:00

Also, I would like to be able to assign certain groups (say engineering)
higher priorities based on the host list groupings (say eng1,eng2). The
idea is that multiple groups build up the infrastructure for all to
benefit, but those groups get higher priority on equipment they bought.

Suggestions.

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE