[Mauiusers] Reservation of a subset of nodes for a subset of users ?

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Fri Oct 26 09:54:22 MDT 2007

Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
> Dear Maui users,
>
> We run our cluster with Maui and Torque.  We would like to reserve a
> part of the cluster for a one day activity (a code-sprint) for a
> selected subgroup of our users.  The selected users should be able
> to submit jobs that specifically execute on the reserved nodes,
> but at the same time their normal batch production jobs should *not*
> execute on the reserved nodes.
>
> We imagine that users should be able to submit jobs like this:
>
>    qsub ... -l nodes=4:sprint ...

There are several solution what i mostly do is. Give the desired nodes a
property, eg: reserved

Then in toruqe make a temporary queue: (See example)
  resources_default.neednodes = reserved

only allow the user or in my example the unix group.

Submit jobs with:
   qsub -qq_genetics ....

regards

=== queue definition ====
create queue q_genetics
set queue q_genetics queue_type = Execution
set queue q_genetics acl_host_enable = False
set queue q_genetics acl_user_enable = False
set queue q_genetics resources_max.nodect = 64
set queue q_genetics resources_default.neednodes = reserverd
set queue q_genetics resources_default.nodect = 1
set queue q_genetics resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue q_genetics resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue q_genetics acl_group_enable = True
set queue q_genetics acl_groups = sara
set queue q_genetics acl_groups += genetics
set queue q_genetics acl_logic_or = True
set queue q_genetics acl_group_sloppy = True
set queue q_genetics enabled = True
set queue q_genetics started = True