[Mauiusers] allocating scratch disks with torque and maui

Martin Kleinschmidt mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Oct 26 09:12:40 MDT 2007

Hi,

sorry for the crosspost, I don't yet fully understand if what I want to
do should be done within maui or torque.

We have a cluster with 8-cpu nodes, each having 4 local scratch disks.
I would like to configure the system such that

1) a maximum of 4 jobs requiring scratch space are allowed on one node

I tried with GRES in maui, and with the generic  Consumable Resource
Specification in torque
(http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/a.cmomconfig.shtml) but
had no success.

2) I would like to route the 4 jobs to the 4 different scratch disks.
This is probably not possible within torque/maui and should be done via
the stagein/stageout scripts?

thanks for any ideas!

   ...martin