[Mauiusers] Reservation of a subset of nodes for a subset of users ?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Oct 26 08:08:38 MDT 2007

Dear Maui users,

We run our cluster with Maui and Torque.  We would like to reserve a
part of the cluster for a one day activity (a code-sprint) for a
selected subgroup of our users.  The selected users should be able
to submit jobs that specifically execute on the reserved nodes,
but at the same time their normal batch production jobs should *not*
execute on the reserved nodes.

We imagine that users should be able to submit jobs like this:

   qsub ... -l nodes=4:sprint ...

Can this be implemented using the Standing Reservation method, or do
we need to configure Torque as well ?  We could create a SR for a
subset of nodes, but how should the users select this SR at the time of
job submission ?

Thanks a lot,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,