[Mauiusers] Maui/slurm integration

John R. Dunning jrd at sicortex.com
Wed Oct 17 15:15:27 MDT 2007

Hi all.  Maui newbie here, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

I'm doing a maui/slurm integration.  I have the basic communication and config
stuff approximately working, ie I can launch a job in slurm, and observe that
maui sees it etc.  The difficulty is that maui seems to believe that the job
is not eligible to run.  Slurm says the job is queued and waiting for
resources.  Maui says

# /usr/local/maui/bin/checkjob 24

checking job 24

State: Idle
Creds:  user:root  group:root  qos:DEFAULT
WallTime: 00:00:00 of   INFINITY
SubmitTime: Wed Oct 17 16:46:52
  (Time Queued  Total: 00:06:13  Eligible: 00:06:13)

Total Tasks: 1

Req[0]  TaskCount: 1  Partition: ALL
Network: [NONE]  Memory >= 1M  Disk >= 1M  Swap >= 0
Opsys: [NONE]  Arch: [NONE]  Features: [NONE]
NodeCount: 1

IWD: [NONE]  Executable:  [NONE]
Bypass: 0  StartCount: 0
PartitionMask: [sf0]
PE:  1.00  StartPriority:  6
cannot select job 24 for partition DEFAULT (PartitionAccess)

If I showstart, I get

# /usr/local/maui/bin/showstart 24
ERROR:    'showstart' failed
ERROR:    cannot determine earliest start time for job '24'

If I runjob, it charges ahead and runs.

My surmise is that there's a config issue, perhaps around the partition
definition (I don't like that look of that cannot select job 24 message) but
after digging in docs etc it's not obvious to me what to look at.

Anybody have hints on this issue or how to debug further?

Thanks in advance....