[Mauiusers] queue priority

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:10:27 MDT 2007

Hi,

> have a million normal jobs queued first and then queue a high job, the
> high job has to wait until all million jobs are done first.  What am I
> doing wrong?

This is a maui issue. maui decides the next job base upon a priority
which is based upon more than one input.

What you want to do is, edit maui.cfg:

# define the QOS prio for 2 clases
QOSCFG[high]  PRIORITY=1000
QOSCFG[low] PRIORITY=-1000

# give queue normal and queue high the QOS attributes
CLASSCFG[normal]       QDEF=low
CLASSCFG[high]         QDEF=high

# decide which weights are added up
QUEUETIMEWEIGHT         1
CREDWEIGHT              1
USERWEIGHT              0
GROUPWEIGHT             0
QOSWEIGHT               3
CLASSWEIGHT             1
USAGEWEIGHT             1

- - - -

Play around with the weights, until you are satisfied (they are
multipliers of the according values giving the final priority value on
which the scheduling is deciding the next job).

QOSWEIGHT = the weight the PRIORITY=1000 has - obviously :)

Cheers,
Ronny