[Mauiusers] queue priority

Adams, Samuel D AFRL/RHDR Samuel.Adams at BROOKS.AF.MIL
Tue Oct 2 07:29:04 MDT 2007

I have been having trouble getting the priority of the queues working
properly.  For a simple case, I have two queues: the default queue and
the middle priority, and a high queue that has a higher priority.  In
qmgr, I set the queue priorities, but for some reason the jobs are
executed in FIFO order disregarding the priority.  For example, if I
have a million normal jobs queued first and then queue a high job, the
high job has to wait until all million jobs are done first.  What am I
doing wrong?

bash-3.1$ qmgr -c "list queue normal"

Queue normal

        queue_type = Execution

        Priority = 50

        total_jobs = 71

        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:67 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:4
Exiting:0

        acl_host_enable = True

        acl_hosts = prodnode1.brooks.af.mil

        acl_group_enable = True

        acl_groups = users

        acl_logic_or = True

        mtime = Wed Sep 12 13:25:10 2007

        resources_assigned.nodect = 17

        enabled = True

        started = True

bash-3.1$ qmgr -c "list queue high"

Queue high

        queue_type = Execution

        Priority = 30

        total_jobs = 13

        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:13 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:0
Exiting:0

        acl_host_enable = True

        acl_hosts = prodnode1.brooks.af.mil

        acl_group_enable = True