[Mauiusers] showstart command

Jan Ploski Jan.Ploski at offis.de
Fri Nov 30 01:17:11 MST 2007

mauiusers-bounces at supercluster.org schrieb am 11/29/2007 08:53:02 PM:

>    I guess what I was getting at is I would expect that this would show
> the start time like it does for the first idle job in the list. Then
> add 500 hours to those numbers and show that information for the next
> idle job in the list. Then keep repeating that same idea for each job
> in the list.

You might get more reliable start time predictions if you use something
like

RESERVATIONPOLICY       CURRENTHIGHEST
RESERVATIONDEPTH[DEFAULT] 15

and then checkjob -v and look at the Reservation line in the output. I
don't know whether showstart gives the same info as checkjob -v in that
case.

The above configuration causes Maui to keep advance reservations for the
15 highest priority jobs in the queue. This will affect backfill if you
have it enabled, but - as far as I know - has no side effects otherwise.

Regards,
Jan Ploski