[Mauiusers] showstart command

Steve Young chemadm at hamilton.edu
Thu Nov 29 12:53:02 MST 2007

Thanks Ake,
	I guess what I was getting at is I would expect that this would show
the start time like it does for the first idle job in the list. Then
add 500 hours to those numbers and show that information for the next
idle job in the list. Then keep repeating that same idea for each job
in the list. There is no way that the last idle job can even start or
complete in the timeframe it is telling me since I know it has to
process the jobs in front of it first. I realize there are a lot of
variables, a job can only take 10 hours as opposed to 500 or whatever
but in essence what I'm getting at is given the numbers it should at
least figure out that the last job in the list would start in 500
hours X 32 jobs = 16,000 hours more than what it tells me for the
first job in the list. Does that make sense?
	What I am trying to do is show that if it is going to be 22 months
before the last job can run that perhaps the user might want to
shuffle the requests around on his job to use more resources so that
the jobs complete sooner. Especially now since we have a lot more
idle resources at the moment. thanks,

-Steve