[Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Mauiusers] Torque + Maui post installation problem

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Nov 23 09:27:26 MST 2007

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 10:18:59AM +0100, Luca Telloli alleged:

> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 10:44 -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 10:13:28AM +0100, Luca Telloli alleged:
> > > Garrick,
> > > 	thanks for your answer.

> > > Yes, this condition is satisfied: maui is running as user 'x' and
> > > there's both entries (x at localhost, x@{fqdn}) in qmgr, so I'm still
> > > confused on a possible solution :(
> >
> > What about the hostname in $PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_name?  From the original
> > error message, I think what you want is x at svr1.com.
> >

> I don't see why the username should appear in the server_name, but if I
> try then all client commands ('pbsnodes', etc) fail.

No no, I mean the other way around.  Which name is in server_name?  That should
be in the managers list.

> > Just for fun, run maui as root.  That will prove if it is a simple permission
> > issue.
> >

> Unfortunately, there's no way to run maui as root, at least without
> playing with the code.

Sure there is.  Maui runs as the first username listed in ADMIN1.  Just set that root instead of x.

> I'll try to compile Torque from scratch and check how it goes. I
> currently installed redhat packages and the interaction it's not
> working. I'll keep you posted.

No need to rebuild torque.  If you can configure things in qmgr, then it is
working fine.