[Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Mauiusers] Torque + Maui post installation problem

Luca Telloli lucatelloli at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 23 02:18:59 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 10:44 -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 10:13:28AM +0100, Luca Telloli alleged:
> > Garrick,
> > 	thanks for your answer.

> > > Is maui running as a manager?  ie, if maui is running as user "maui", then
> > > "maui at localhost" or "maui@<fqdn>" will have to a server manager in qmgr.
> > >

> > Yes, this condition is satisfied: maui is running as user 'x' and
> > there's both entries (x at localhost, x@{fqdn}) in qmgr, so I'm still
> > confused on a possible solution :(
>
> What about the hostname in $PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_name?  From the original
> error message, I think what you want is x at svr1.com.

I don't see why the username should appear in the server_name, but if I
try then all client commands ('pbsnodes', etc) fail.

> Just for fun, run maui as root.  That will prove if it is a simple permission
> issue.

Unfortunately, there's no way to run maui as root, at least without
playing with the code.

I'll try to compile Torque from scratch and check how it goes. I
currently installed redhat packages and the interaction it's not
working. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Luca