[Mauiusers] pbs_mom: req_cpyfile, Unable to copy file

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Thu Nov 8 10:13:41 MST 2007

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 19:35:06 +0300 (MSK)
Valery Mitsyn wrote:

Hi Vallery,

(I've had added mauiusers to destinations).
> Hmmm, no, there is no reason.
> So, a next try will be turn off IPMI in the BIOS on WNs if you have
> one. IPMI use port 664,665 if i remember correctly. This issue has
> been discussed on SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS list, have a look at:
> http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A1=ind0705&L=scientific-linux-users
> #71, subject: "YP/NIS weirdness on 4.4'

I've done a quick read of the threat, and I must check our WN's BIOS.
But I've found an other possible (and easiest for our quattor
maintained nodes) solution in same link:

#14 fix for NIS/YP timeout
(installed four port watchers in 664 and 663).

I must take more time to read it carefully.

oh! I've seen this in the threat you pointed:

> We tried this on 10 of the systems.  When I started
> the test loop, it went a little longer before failing,
> then started failing again.
> Also I forgot to note that this doesn't happen with ssh.

It's not clear for me if with the solution proposed there, ssh problem
was solved, or if they had no ssh problems...

Again, I must read it carefully.