[Mauiusers] Re: mauiusers Digest, Vol 39, Issue 18

Justin Finnerty justin.finnerty at uni-oldenburg.de
Thu Nov 1 03:56:25 MDT 2007

Hello Philippe,

>    1. Option -lnodes=<x>:ppn=<y> does not work well (Philippe Combes)

I am very surprised and a little worried by your observation as it would
break many applications that set their node/cpu utilisation statically.

What torque mode (cluster or time-shared) are you running the nodes in?
We use "cluster" mode and we have never observed the behaviour you
describe.  (This mode means that we only ever have one job on a node at
a time.  However, we have 2 and 4 cpu nodes and a 4 cpu/node job has
never been split over two 2 cpu nodes.)

I also saw in one email the -I option used, does this effect the
allocation?

Cheers
	Justin

--
Dr Justin Finnerty
Rm W3-1-218         Ph 49 (441) 798 3726