[Mauiusers] Preferential Nodes?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri May 25 05:08:40 MDT 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Randy Philipp wrote:

> I am currently running a cluster with several nodes that have lost their
> Myrinet cards.  I wanted to make these nodes available to run serial
> jobs without restricting the jobs to these nodes,

We use the following configuration under Moab to do precisely that, I think it
will work under Maui too..

SRCFG[nomyrinet] STARTTIME=0:0:0 ENDTIME=23:59:59
SRCFG[nomyrinet] DEPTH=30
SRCFG[nomyrinet] HOSTLIST=node009,node035,node062,node084,node085
SRCFG[nomyrinet] PROCLIMIT=1
SRCFG[nomyrinet] PERIOD=INFINITY
SRCFG[nomyrinet] ACCESS=DEDICATED FLAGS=ignstate

> preferentially scheduling the jobs to run the Myrnetless nodes first.

It doesn't mark them as preferential though, be nice to know how to do that!

cheers,
Chris