[Mauiusers] Preferential Nodes?

rishi pathak mailmaverick666 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 04:26:29 MDT 2007

in the nodes file specify some property as 'serial' to the myrinetless nodes
And ask your user's to specify serial as resource type in job submission
script
This way serial jobs will go to these nodes

On 5/24/07, Randy Philipp <randy at umbc.edu> wrote:

> I am currently running a cluster with several nodes that have lost their
> Myrinet cards.  I wanted to make these nodes available to run serial
> jobs without restricting the jobs to these nodes, preferentially
> scheduling the jobs to run the Myrnetless nodes first.  I have currently
> tagged these nodes with a "serial" property so users can request these
> nodes, but they lose access to my Myrinet nodes.  Is there a way to do
> this with Maui?  My initial thought was that setting node allocation
> policy to MINRESOURCES would work, but obviously this doesn't understand
> properties as resources.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>

> Randy Philipp

Regards--
Rishi Pathak
National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
Center for Development of Advanced Computing(C-DAC)
Pune University Campus,Ganesh Khind Road
Pune-Maharastra