[Mauiusers] Preferential Nodes?

Randy Philipp randy at umbc.edu
Thu May 24 09:45:39 MDT 2007

I am currently running a cluster with several nodes that have lost their
Myrinet cards.  I wanted to make these nodes available to run serial
jobs without restricting the jobs to these nodes, preferentially
scheduling the jobs to run the Myrnetless nodes first.  I have currently
tagged these nodes with a "serial" property so users can request these
nodes, but they lose access to my Myrinet nodes.  Is there a way to do
this with Maui?  My initial thought was that setting node allocation
policy to MINRESOURCES would work, but obviously this doesn't understand
properties as resources.

Thanks for the help.

Randy Philipp