[Mauiusers] Does maui have a hard-coded walltime limit???

Thomas Dargel td at chemie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 21 04:16:27 MDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 01:21:44PM +1100, Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Thomas Dargel wrote:
> > There is no walltime limit set, neither at torque/maui nor in the job
> > script.
> It certainly used to be the case that if you restarted Maui with jobs that
> didn't have wall times set then it would kill them all because they had
> exceeded their default of 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds.
> Could this be what happened to you here ?
> cheers,
> Chris
> --
>  Christopher Samuel - (03)9925 4751 - VPAC Deputy Systems Manager
>  Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing http://www.vpac.org/
>  Bldg 91, 110 Victoria Street, Carlton South, VIC 3053, Australia

Hi Chris,

exactly this issue was posted by me in november 2005
Garrick provided a patch for this maui version (3.2.6p14-snap1129921819) and
the cancelation of running jobs without a given walltime by maui was solved.

By the way, this restart/cancel phenomenon is gone with maui revision

At the end of this thread you predicted the dead of the jobs after 100 days.

This is now prooved. There was no restart of maui, there is 'only' the
interpretation of 'infinity' in maui, which means INFINITY=100:00:00:00 .

Does anybody know where this definition is made in the sources of maui????

Thank you for your attempt to help
best regards

 Thomas Dargel.