[Mauiusers] Does maui have a hard-coded walltime limit???

Thomas Dargel td at chemie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 21 04:16:27 MDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 01:21:44PM +1100, Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Thomas Dargel wrote:
>
> > There is no walltime limit set, neither at torque/maui nor in the job
> > script.
>
> It certainly used to be the case that if you restarted Maui with jobs that
> didn't have wall times set then it would kill them all because they had
> exceeded their default of 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds.
>
> Could this be what happened to you here ?
>
> cheers,
> Chris
> --
>  Christopher Samuel - (03)9925 4751 - VPAC Deputy Systems Manager
>  Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing http://www.vpac.org/
>  Bldg 91, 110 Victoria Street, Carlton South, VIC 3053, Australia

Hi Chris,

exactly this issue was posted by me in november 2005
(http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/mauiusers/2005-November/001825.html).
Garrick provided a patch for this maui version (3.2.6p14-snap1129921819) and
the cancelation of running jobs without a given walltime by maui was solved.

By the way, this restart/cancel phenomenon is gone with maui revision
3.2.6p18-snap1164120675.

At the end of this thread you predicted the dead of the jobs after 100 days.
(http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/mauiusers/2005-November/001891.html).

This is now prooved. There was no restart of maui, there is 'only' the
interpretation of 'infinity' in maui, which means INFINITY=100:00:00:00 .

Does anybody know where this definition is made in the sources of maui????

Thank you for your attempt to help
best regards

 Thomas Dargel.